Approximately 45.8 million people globally have trouble conceiving due to various reversible and irreversible fertility issues. However, there are multiple fertility clinics globally, such as the fertility clinic Newport Beach, CA, offering the best medical fertility services to individuals or couples coping with infertility issues. According to Dr. Sharon Moayeri, a medical fertility expert from OC Fertility in California, people can use multiple technological ways to solve their infertility problems. Let us look at some fertility remedies you can consider to help you conceive and fulfill your dream of becoming a parent.
What causes infertility?
If you have been unable to conceive for over one or more years, you have probably wondered what caused your inability to conceive. Infertility affects both women and men. Primarily, infertility issues might arise due to various problems in the reproductive system. The causes of infertility for both men and women are pretty different.
Causes of infertility in women
Women who struggle to get or stay pregnant may experience several physical conditions that may affect ovulation, a period when a woman’s ability to conceive is 99.99%. Various other factors, as stated below, might affect a woman’s ability to conceive.
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
- Ovulation disorders caused by reproductive hormonal imbalance, etc
- Endometriosis is a condition that might damage the internal reproductive organs
- Weight issues, either being underweight or overweight
With various advanced technologies, there is an 85 to 90% chance of correcting infertility cases by taking different infertility medications or undergoing less invasive surgeries.
Causes of infertility in men
On the other hand, infertility in men is mainly caused by unhealthy lifestyle factors such as drinking too much alcohol and caffeine, cycling more than 5 hours per week, etc. However, other reproductive and medical issues might lead to infertility issues in men. They include;
- Varicocele: This is a medical condition that leads to the swelling or abnormal swelling of veins in the testicles leading to less sperm production
- Azoospermia: This is a condition that results in various male reproductive issues leading to no production of sperms in the semen
- Low sperm motility: This is a condition that results in sperms not moving usually; hence making it hard to fertilize an egg
- Morphology: This is a condition that affects the function of sperms due to problems in its form or structure
When should you talk to a specialist?
According to medical infertility specialists, individuals or couples who are 34 years or younger should wait a year before consulting a medical fertility specialist. On the other hand, individuals who are 35 years or more should wait for six months before visiting a fertility specialist.
Once you have visited a medical fertility clinic, a thorough examination will be performed by a fertility specialist to rule out fertility issues caused by physical factors. Also, a genetic counselor will examine any underlying genetic problems.
A fertility specialist recommends other advanced treatment options if your fertility issue does not improve with prescribed fertility medication. They include;
- Intrauterine or artificial insemination
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Egg or sperm freezing
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
If you are having trouble conceiving, maintaining a pregnancy, or need consistent monitoring of your pregnancy, do not hesitate to contact Sharon Moayeri, an MD, MPH, MS, FACOG at OC Fertility. Also, you can get Dr. Nidhee Sachdev, MD, a gynecologist, and fertility specialist with more than ten years of experience helping individuals improve their chances of conception. Call their offices today and book an appointment to get the best fertility services.